Tag: Press Release
The Sudbury Writer’s Guild is pleased to announce the publication of our first collection of writing by Guild members entitled SUDBURY, INK. It offers something for everyone: humour, romance, history, science fiction, and more.The anthology features 33 pieces from 17 contributors in a variety of writing styles, topics, and genres—both prose and poetry, fiction and non-fiction.
In addition to featuring many first time authors of the Guild, several noted local authors and Guild members also are featured in SUDBURY, INK. including:
- Former City of Greater Sudbury Poet Laureate Thomas Leduc
- Kobo Emerging Writer Prize shortlisted novelist Renny de Groot
- Noted short fiction author Margo Little
- Local radio personality and Northern Lit Award shortlisted author Scott Overton
- Haiku and tanka poet Irene Golas
- Award winning poet and author Vera Constantineau
- Liisa Kovala—whose book, The Day Soon Dawns, is soon to be published by Latitude 46 Publishing
- Rosanna Micelotta Battigelli—whose historical novel, La Brigantessa, is being published by Inanna Publications in 2018.
The anthology will be on sale during the WORDSTOCK SUDBURY literary festival (November 3 to 5, 2016) for a special ‘event price’ of $15.00. The book will be available for purchase at BAY’S USED BOOKS as well as CHAPTERS and COLES—Sudbury locations only—for $20.00 after November 5th.
You can also order books via the Guild website for $15 plus shipping. We can only accept payment via PayPal, E-Transfer, or cheque. Use the CONTACT US form at the bottom of the website to enquire about ordering books.
An official launch will be held Saturday November 12 at the Main Branch of the Sudbury Public Library between 1 – 3 pm. The public is welcome to come out and meet some of the authors and listen to them read from their work. Books will also be available for purchase at the launch.
For more information about SUDBURY, INK., including media inquiries, please contact us via the website contact form or at firstname.lastname@example.org